Buy It Now
FREE SHIPPING in December!*
*Maximum 2 of each product: Why Quilts Matter: History, Art & Politics DVD set, Guide, DVD & Guide Package. U.S. shipping addresses only. No code is necessary – free shipping is applied automatically to all orders submitted through December 31st 11:59 PM EST.
Why Quilts Matter: History, Art & Politics is an exciting and thought-provoking nine-part documentary series that will change the way you think about quilts. Uncover the unsuspected size and depth of quilt culture. Delve into the inner workings of the art world, explore behind the scenes in the quilt marketplace, and journey into the complicated, kaleidoscopic world of quilts. Explore two centuries of history, watch as women gain power from their handiwork, and consider the nature of art itself.
In addition to all nine episodes, the two-disc DVD set includes exclusive bonus features, including:
- The Swing
- A Young Collector
- Why This Series?
- Dancing Quilts
- Cheap Date
- Judging a Book by its Cover
- Antique Shows: The Back Side, and more.
Why Quilts Matter: History, Art & Politics Discussion Guideis a comprehensive, group-friendly guide created to help you “continue the conversation” about the landmark nine-part documentary series that has aired on more than 200 select PBS stations.
Available in full-color, softcover printed version, this fabulous new 56-page resource includes thought-provoking questions geared to each episode and designed to stimulate animated post-viewing discussion.
Perfect for quilt and fiber-arts groups, libraries, classrooms, and museums, the Guide includes episode-by-episode questions specially tailored for:
- General audiences
- The quilting community
- Artists and arts organizations
- Academics and college students
- Middle and high school students
You can now purchase the new 56-page, softcover, full-color Discussion Guide, and the two-disc DVD set of the landmark nine-part documentary, Why Quilts Matter: History, Art & Politics, in a specially priced package for just $45.95 plus shipping (represents a $6.95 savings if purchased separately). This package is perfect for quilt and fiber-arts groups, libraries, classrooms, and museums.
Enjoy the series and then use the Guide, with its stimulating, audience-specific questions, to “continue the conversation” episode by episode with friends, students, colleagues, and more.
Discussion Guide (electronic) and DVD Set (NTSC):
- No returns / No exchanges
- Will ship within 7-10 days
- Shipping restrictions may apply
- KY orders are subject to 6% sales tax
- We are processing your credit card payments through PayPal. You do not have to be a PayPal member to use this service.
- For international orders, please click here
- For offline orders, we prefer check or money order as payment. Please download and complete the Order Form and mail it with your payment to the address specified on the form.